Dale Stockstill
Dale Stockstill, Automotive Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  40 years of Automotive Technical Knowledge, Teacher, Diagnostic Specialist

new clock and hazard lite switch replacement...thing out of the dash

Customer Question

I have a new clock and hazard lite switch replacement. How do I get the thing out of the dash? 1997 discovery.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dale Stockstill replied 3 years ago.

Dale Stockstill :

Dale Stockstill :

My name is Dale. I have looked and there is nothing relating to the replacement procedures for these itmes in either database that I use. I do have the wiring schematic that shows both items and how they are wired into the harness. I am not sure you are going to find these procedures other than in an "Master Service Manual". Iif you know someone at a dealership in the service department, they can copy the procedures out of the manual for you.

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.

My name is Dale.

I have looked and there is nothing relating to the replacement procedures for these items in either database that I use. I do have the wiring schematic that shows both items and how they are wired into the harness. I am not sure you are going to find these procedures other than in an "Master Service Manual". If you know someone at a dealership in the service department, they can copy the procedures out of the manual for you. Just an idea.

Sincerely,

Dale

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This is absolutely no help. wiring is plug & play. Thanks anyway.

You are right so let me put your question back where it came from and wish you the very best. There are some things that you either need an experience technician and/or a Master Service Manual.

Good Luck.

Sincerely,

Dale

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Finally figured it out myself. After lots of prying and experimenting, shoved a hacksaw blade in a crevice in the dash to relieve a clip and it popped out.

Good for you. I am happy that you were able to devise a way to get the job done. Circumstances many times are the mother of invention :-)

I am happy for you.

Sincerely,

Dale