Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair

2000 Amigo: a 1998 or 1999 Amigo 3.2 6-cyl 4WD and put..specs

Is it possible/feasible to take a transmission from a 1998 or 1999 Amigo 3.2 6-cyl 4WD and put in into 2000 Amigo with similar specs?
Hello, if you have or can locate a 1999 the the 4 speed RMQ trans, it will work in the 2000 with no modifications etc. The 1998 RMQ trans is a different configuration and has different internal sensors.solenoids and although the trans will bolt up, the computer and wiring will not match. You have to go with the 1999 or 2000 for the 3.2 engine and this will work. Also, both do carry same part # XXXXX will not work without extensive modifications
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Is the 4-speed you are referring to an automatic? I forgot to mention that both the donor car and the recipient car are both automatic.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is the
yes,I should have asked but assumed:( it was auot and that is what I researched for you