Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

1995 suzuki: aircon..serviced

Customer Question

aircon on 1995 susuki baleno does not seem to work on idle and sometimes while driving i have had it serviced and they say it is all right i am not convinced greg
Category: Car
Expert:  Hayden w. replied 3 years ago.

Hi there
could you tell me in detail what the problem is with the a/c and i'll try and sort out a solution for you.

Thanks.

Hayden.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when car is idling the aircon starts off cold but after 5mins it gets signifinctly warmer the thermo fans are working properly the car aircon does get cold again when cruising although sometimes even when cruising the aircon it does get warmer i have thought of fitting a larger thermo fan in front of the condenser what do you think

Expert:  Hayden w. replied 3 years ago.
It sounds like either the compressor stops operating, this could be due to a worn clutch, or an over pressure or under pressure situation, considering the age of the vehicle it is more likely to be underpressure - or lack of refrigerant in the system. Can you tell me if the compressor clutch is engaging when it starts blowing hot air?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i recently had the aircon regassed and fully checked out and they said every thing is fine they sad that the compresser will not operate on idle to not put to much stress on the engine i find this hard to believe
Expert:  Hayden w. replied 3 years ago.
The compressor should definitely operate at idle

can you have a look and tell me whether it is engaging or not?

It should switch on and off you will notice a change in the engine revs when it engages if you look at the compressor you will hear a click and see the clutch on the end engage and start turning the compressor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
sorry for taking so long to reply out of frustration we took the car back to the aircon people said we want it sorted it out and it has been fixed it was to low volts going to the air compressor since i hve solved problem my self can i please have my $22 back thankyou
Expert:  Hayden w. replied 3 years ago.
I will refer your question to our moderators.