Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Auto Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs. experience diagnostics & repair of all makes/models.

Suzuki Esteem where is the fuel filter located on a suzuki

where is the fuel filter located on a suzuki esteem?

The fuel filter is located on the fuel pump assembly, located inside the fuel tank. There is no external fuel filter for this vehicle.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm online on other sites and it is showing in line filters. Are you sure that this is a 1.8L?

According to Mitchells On Demand AND AllData (the 2 leading repair sites) there is NO inline Fuel filter for the 1999 Suzuki Esteem 1.8L

Fuel Filter Replacement

WARNING: This work must be performed in a well ventilated area and away from any open flames (such as gas hot water heaters).

Fuel filter is installed in fuel pump assembly.
Replace fuel filter with new one periodically.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Another quick question then. It will start then in a minute or so, will shut off just like you have turned the key off. Then sometimes will not start at all! I have already replaced the fuel pump! Got any suggestions?

Do you have a check engine light on when it is running?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

One more question- when it will not start, does the engine turn over, or is there no repsonse at all?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes it turns over. I sprayed ether in the air filter and it will run for a second so I think it is still in the fuel!?

There are a couple of things that may cause this. First- try to swap out the fuel pump relay with another relay of the same number. Possibly a failing relay. The other thing can can cause this is a problem in the anti-theft system. Try a different key (if you have one) and see if that makes a difference.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Already swapped relays. And there's no antitheft system on this car. Is it possible it could be the pressure regulator?

Hmmm. It could be if there is debris in there. Usually when the regualtor is faulty, you'll get a constant problem, not intermittant.

Do this for me- when the vehicle is showing the "no start" see if there is spark.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes there is a spark. It will stay running long enough to burn the ether, then stop. It's like the fuel just cuts off.

Hmmm. I'm kind of at a loss here. I am going to opt-out and forward you to another Tech that may be better able to walk you through the diagnostics of these symptoms. Sit tight one sec... someone will be right with you...

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Never mind. Thanks for trying! will eventually figure it out.