Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

vauxhall astra 1.6 Life 2002, the light which looks..vibrates..reved

Customer Question

I have a vauxhall astra 1.6 Life 2002, the light which looks like an engine had come on, there is a noise at the lower back of engine and the car and pedals vibrates when slightlt reved. Can you advise and is it likely to be an expensive repair we only purchased the car 1 month ago!!
Category: Car
Expert:  silva67 replied 5 years ago.
Hello....I am sorry this is not what you want to hear from the tech. but to help i need to know what is the code stored on the engine computer, to do so you need to connect a scanner to your car. When you rev. the engine and it vibrates usually is a sign of miss firing (the engine is not running in all the cylinders) If you do not have the OBD2 scanner or do not know any body that has one have to go to a shop. Good luck ...let me know.....thank you...