Neal
Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.
17294534

tires, shocks, on the truck, and mechanically, an intake, exhaust..egr

Happy New Year, I hope you are well.
Since we last talked, I have put a new suspension, springs, wheels, tires, shocks, on the truck, and mechanically, an intake, exhaust, EDGE platinum w Attitude, pulled the top off, flushed it till clear, put the ARP head studes and gaskets on, and an EGR delete and new oil cooler..
Should be good to go,....however.........
I drove it for a short trip this weekend, maybe 300 total miles, and it seemed to work flawlessly. The coolant and oil temp were within a couple of degrees of each other the whole time, mostly both at 192, except running in third against strong headwinds uphill, at about 2000 rpm, for 20 minutes, the coolant went to 208 and the oil temp to 210.
Gets always(NNN) NNN-NNNN never seemed to be an issue.
When I got home, there was the gray sludge in the degas bottle, onle little bits of it, not nearly as bad as it was, so I am assuming that it was residual "leftover" debri as the truck seems to run so well.
Do I have to change the o
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 3 years ago.
It sounds like all is good but if the was some residual left which is not unusual I would go ahead and change to oil to be safe. This would just be a precaution, everything else sounds normal and I would expect you won't have any more issues. The temp going up a little is just because it was working harder and still well within normal limits. You might check your radiator to make sure it is not partially plugged. Get it up to normal temp and then compare the temp at the bottom of the radiator to the temp at the top. If it is hot at the top but stone cold on the bottom half that shows the radiator is plugged and should be replaced. Again this is a precaution and it is probably fine..
Neal, Mechanic
Experience: Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.