Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

698 days aga dont need thermostat or pump fuses obvios reasons

Customer Question

did recomendations for 2000 daewoo nubira no heat posted 698 days aga dont need thermostat or pump fuses obvios reasons still no heat
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello

Try having a feel of the two coolant pipes that pass into the car through the engine bay bulkhead, both should be warm with a warm engine. If they're not then its likely the heater matrix is still blocked and you should do a reverse flush on the cooling system to try and clean it out.

This is done by removing the top hose from the radiator and placing a garden hose into the engine water outlet, and then run the hose until you get clean water coming out of the radiator.
If this doesn't help this only leaves checking out the motor / cable that move the air mixing flap that allows the hot air from the matrix to enter the car air system.

This flap is controlled by the temperature knob / dial etc and I think is controlled with a small motor for your car so the thing to do is first get access to the back of the control knob and measure the voltages is present there, then trace the wiring back into the dash from the control to locate the motor.

It’s worth first checking the fuses for the fan / control circuit

I'd recommend first removing the glovebox ( undo lower edge hinges from dash) to gain access to the dashboard inner and also allow you to shine a torch to the back of the central console so you can start tracing the wire back and see how things are put together
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
ive done all you said flushed twice fliuds all flow fuses all good checked all obvios reasons vents actuater cables dials flaps etc
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
OK

if the engine is really getting hot - check with a temperature probe

and the coolant is circulating - both heater rubber pipes are hot

and the mixer flap is working OK - check as described

and the blower fan is working OK

then you should have heat

Have you done all I've just described?