Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer
Experience:  30 years experience, Repairing, building, & designing, automobiles.

WildFire Motors WF I have a new electric car with 6 new replaced

Customer Question

I have a new electric car with 6 new replaced batteries but being fully charged I will be driving down the street and it will suddenly just quit and the gauge will show it is still charged to the top , I have to turn the power off and restart the car and go again what is my problem ?Also the transmission is full of oil and I ran the alcerator in my driveway and it motor stopped without driving the car, when your web sight ask to verify my e-mail there is no place to submit
Category: Car
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Hamman :

Hi, I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. I don't know if you are a pro or a novice so we may have to fine tune the answer. I only know as much about your problem as you have told me in your post, so my answer will be based on what you have posted. Feel free to add any additional info you feel is needed.

There are a few possibility's. I want to be right up front and tell you that tests will have to be performed to determined what the exact problem is. Some of these parts are real expensive, and you wont want to change them out unless they are bad, testing is key to not replacing lots of good parts. The system has a sensor attaches to the "Gas" pedal, yeah I know it is electric, but the term transcends the gas electric issue, LOL ...it is still commonly used on EV's (Electric Vehicles). So you have the gas pedal sensor, and the ESC (Electronic Speed Controller) and the motor. Of course the battery pack feeds into the speed controller, and other components in the system. These are the most common failure items that cause issues like you are having. Because the batteries were just replaced, and battery pack reads good when the problem happens we can assume the batteries are fine. The gas pedal sensor is the problem many times when you have this problem, so it should be checked first. If your model has safety interlocks on it they should be checked. Some models will not let you drive unless it senses someone sitting in the drivers seat, so any interlocks should be checked. The next thing to check is ESC, if it has input from the gas pedal sensor, and no interlocks are shutting it down, then the ESC should be sending power to the motor, and the VE should drive. Normally problems like you have are the ESC, the gas pedal sensor, or interlocks. There are other possibilities to because it is a complex system. If you are going to work on it yourself I highly recommend that you get a repair manual from the manufacturer. The electrical schematic in the manual will show you if it has interlocks, and identify which wires perform the different functions. From there you will need at least a good quality DVM (digital Volt Meter) or a VOM (Volt Ohm Meter) so that you can inspect the parts and their function. If you have any more questions I am here to help. Good luck, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope this helps, 100% satisfaction is my goal. If the answer is not clear, please reply and I will assist you more. When you're satisfied, click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. A bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, good luck and Thanks.

Customer :

I will call the rep from WildFire Motors with this info and see what he can do for me since the motor and transmisson is under war. for 2 years and or 24,000 miles , I only have 680 miles on the car

Dr. Hamman :

That would be a good approach. Most of the Wildfire cars use AC motors, speed controller/inverters to turn the DC from the batteries into AC. AC systems are a bit more complex than the DC motors commonly used in other EV's BotXXXXX XXXXXne is that makes them more complex to service . The up side is the AC system if so equipped is a much more efficient drive system, than a DC system. If you have any more questions I am here to help. Good luck, and Thanks for using Just Answer.