Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.

200 TL Type S: auto trans..extended warranty..the Acura transmission

I own an 200 TL Type S auto trans replaced under extended warranty and it failed also. Do I have any recourse because the Acura transmission failed twice?
Thank you and happy holidays
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

Neal :

The warranty transmission should have been warranteed for 12 months or 12 thousand miles. This is most extended warranties require. That is going to be your only real recourse if it is not still under the extended warranty.

Neal : I'm taking a minute to wish everyone I am working with tonight a happy and prosperous new year!!! Be safe tonight if you are going out!!
Customer :

what do you recommend for a replacement?

Neal : I would be careful with reman units as they have a high failure rate. If you do go that route make sure there is a good parts and labor warranty. There is also aamaco which has a good warranty as would the dealer.
Customer :

Yeah, the dealer already changed it twice! I received a quote from: Engine and Transmission World,[email protected]

Customer :

Do you know of them?

Neal : Not familiar with them. Those numbers did not come through. The site blocks phone numbers and email so that experts cannot communicate directly.
Customer :

Can you recommend a reliable source for an auto trans?

Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
I can't really recommend anyone, there is such a bad failure rate with reman transmissions.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for trying but really didn't help with the problem.
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
Sorry but I did my best given the circumstances.