Neal
Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.
17294534

isuzu ascender: my check engine light..reduced power..50 mph

Customer Question

my check engine light is on constant and suffered reduced power from 30 to 50 mph. I have a 03 isuzu ascender. What could be the problem and what should i do?
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

Neal : The car is in reduced power mode to prevent mechanical damage from whatever is causing the check engine light. It could be many different things causing the check engine light. Your best bet is to stop at a parts store where they will usually ref the codes for free and can then tell you what is wrong.
JACUSTOMER-mba3f1mz- :

The vehicle has not sluggishness now. it was present when my wife was driving. I took it out with no problem other than that light remain illuminated.

JACUSTOMER-mba3f1mz- :

anyone else gonna help me out with something better than go to a parts store and ask them?

JACUSTOMER-mba3f1mz- :

Neal, anything else based on my resent update? Or should I still just go to the parts store and ask them

Neal : I am sorry but without having the codes read there is no way to know what is wrong. Otherwise I would just be guessing. I am trying to give you the best advice I can given the circumstance.
JACUSTOMER-mba3f1mz- :

Ok, I thank you for that advice. I will look through the manual some more and then if I can't find a solution I will visit the shop. thank you again

Neal : Before you go to a shop. Try the parts store since they will read the codes for free and it might be a very simple fix. The shop will likely charge you for a diagnostic.