Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

PARK..My car accessories, blinkers, also gages are not working.

I have a 2000 Daewoo Leganza CDX.
I can't get car out of PARK with out using safety release.
My car accessories, blinkers, also gages are not working.
I can not figure this out.
I need a local service or someones help to try and fix myself.
I have already had the ignition starter switch replaced. And it still not working.
Do you have brake lights when stepping on the brakes?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

yes

Ok are the battery terminals clean and secure? Sounds like a shorted fuse box or ecu any added electronics?Was the vehicle in an accident?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
<p>All that happend was my husband replaced my rear brakes, and checked my front brakes(they didnt need replacing. then soon after I tried to drive the car and I couldn't get it out of park, on the dash board my 4 ways lit up (not flashing) My clock didnt work, my radio antenna goes up, but nothing shows on radio, nothing shows on heating system. my gage for engine temp is as high up as it can go. my speedometer sits at zero. RPM gage doesnt move, and the fuel gage works one minute and then not the next. I don't have blinkers, My headlights only work if I turn on before starting the motor. The battery terminals are all clean. I checked fuses under dash, none seem to be blown. At first, when I put the key in the ignition, sometimes the clock would work, then as soon as iginition was full engaged it went out again (the clock). </p><p>After this all first happend my husband disconnected the CD playerin the trunk.</p>
Ok so no issues before doing the brakes correct and the electrical part of the igntion switch was replaced?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Previous to doing the brakes, there was no issue. And yes the new ignition switch is now installed on the vehicle.
Ok see if when he jacked the car up if a harness was damaged .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where he jacked up the car, there are no wires, on eaither side. He jacked up the car behind the tire near the door.
Ok this has to be a shorted out under hood or under dash fuse box . Were these checked?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
All of the wires have been checked from the key slot in the steering colum to the fuse box, and nothing seems to be loose. and under the hood all wires that are visual look clean and do not appear to be loose anywhere.