Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

no reverse no overdrive

no reverse no overdrive
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.

does the car not move at all in reverse?tell me all you can

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the car does not move in reverse at all. when the tranny is put into OD it acts like it is in neutral engine just revs. the car is an automatic and when driving going from first to second it jerks.

this isn't good...there is no easy fix for this..the problem is the reaction carrier shell or sun gear..the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced,,sorry

Please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP