Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  25 years working as a service technician
43460220

The passenger seat to vy and a warning light came on its a man

Customer Question

i changed the passenger seat to vy and a warning light came on its a man in a seat with a circle in front of him what is this
Category: Car
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Steve :

Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question

Steve :

Your seat is suppose to have a sensor in the seat to tell the air bag module whether or not there is a underweight passenger in the seat and to turn the passenger air bag light off

Steve :

If the sensor is not in the seat or not plugged in this light will come on

Customer :

seat is plugged in but light stays on the light came on after i took the seat out as i had to drive else where to get the interior also changed drivers seat and no problem the plugs on the two new seats fit the seats i thimk are out of a vy

Steve :

need to get the seat zerod

Customer :

how do i do that and where

Steve :

there is special equipment to re zero the seat sensor you have to do this anytime the seat is removed or replaced

Steve :

You cannot do this yourself unless you buy the special tester

Customer :

were can i get this done do i have to take it to holden or auto electrition and is it costly

Steve :

Usually the dealer can do this they charge about 1 hour labor

Customer :

do they have to pull the seat out

Steve :

no

Steve :

they use a tester to reset the zero point of the sensor

Customer :

so the same has to be done with drivers seat as well then

Steve :

there is no sensor in the drivers seat only the passenger seat

Customer :

can i ask question bout another topic

Steve :

sure

Customer :

when i got my auto serviced they said it would need replacing as there was alot of metal shavings i know this is common in autos but im not to sure the company i went to are very reputable but at times when i accelerate it doesnt change down it just accelerates as far as i know they should kick back

Steve :

need what replaced?

Steve :

are you talking about the trans?

Customer :

tes sorry auto trans sorry mate

Steve :

If you are talking about the transmission and there is a lot of metal in the pan then it needs to be rebuilt

Customer :

ome more question i wana get new diff centre would i have to change the axles

Steve :

no you should be able to reuse the axles

Customer :

thank you take care merry christmas

Steve :

you to

Customer :

pay day

Steve :

sounds good

Steve :

thanks

Steve, ASE Certified Tech
Experience: 25 years working as a service technician