Dj
Dj, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician. 30+ years in the car repair business.
10906483

2003 Honda: I pay for replacing the transmission

How much should I pay for replacing the transmission on a 2003 Honda Odyssey? I live in the Chicago area (western burbs) so I figure out costs will be higher than elsewhere in the country. i would like to know the base price for the transmission, the standard # XXXXX hours for repair, and a reasonable range to pay. The last time I replaced a transmission was in 1998 (1994 Taurus with 85K miles on it) for $1700 so my point of reference is not valid. This Odyssey has 161K miles on it but is in good shape otehrwise because I take care of routine maintenance regularly.

Dj :

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question.

Dj :

A rebuilt transmission from Honda is $3,900. A rebuilt from an aftermarket shop is about $1,900.

Dj :

The labor is going to be $500 - $800 depending on your area and depending on if you take it to an independent shop or to a Honda dealership.

Dj :

Then figure about $100 for incedentals and shop supplies.

Dj :

Thank you in advance for accepting my answer. If you have more questions, just ask. If you feel that my response isn't helpful, please let me know and I will release your question back into the list.

Dj :

Dj