Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness

compression..crank shaft..engine block..gunk or rust..crankshaft

Customer Question

I found out that I was not getting any compression, head warped, and long story short, now the crank shaft seems to be frozen ( I suspect water has gotten in the oil) the engine has been sitting in garage with head off for at least 8 mths. Is the any kind of fluid I can spray, or pour in the oil hole on the engine block that will desolve any gunk or rust that may have accmulated (really Dont want to take engine out and further apart , down to the crankshaft) any suggestions
Category: Car
Expert:  Ted G. replied 5 years ago.

Ted G. :

Get a couple of gallons of cheap auto transmission fluid and fill the crankcase to a a point above the crankshaft. Let that sit for a few days and the atf may break it loose. If not you will need to take it apart.