danny
danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.
17254274

2004 chevrolet: 5.3 liter..liter engine..running errands

Customer Question

My 2004 chevrolet 1500 crewcab 5.3 liter engine. pickup starts eratically. Especially, when running errands where there are a bunch of short stop and go trips. And especially when the weather is hot and the truck is hot. It may take up to 3 times before it fires. It starts better when it's cold but not always. I can't afford to take it to the shop and tried, tested and troubleshoot everythin possible. I think...
Category: Car
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.

danny :

My Answer is based on clues, symptoms and info in your question. Please include everything. Thanks

danny :

Its best to do a oil change, plugs, wires, fuel filter, and air filter at this point. Make sure your tune up is good be for blame parts and wasteing money. Auto zone does free scans so when you get your tune up parts they can test for you real fast. Your more than welcome to bring those codes back to me and follow up.

Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.
When you get back online let me know if you have anyquestions at all.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
went to Autozone no codes returned when they ran a scan on my pickup
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If you would be so kind as to reverse the Paypal payment. Unfortunately, you didn't tell us anything that we didn't already know. Thank you for you help. Happy Holidays.
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.

I have not been paid so Just answer is holding you deposite until you accept or request a refund. I would be happy to let them know of that refund you have asked for.

But there are two things that you may try A new fuel pressure reg will do this and the ECT the engine coolant temperature sensor.

We can continue or i can request a refund. Your the boss at J A

Thanks Dan