Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

Abs..15 I have replaced rr axel and speed sensor..occurs

Customer Question

I have a 2006 H-1 with and intermitten abs code 5-15 I have replaced rr axel and speed sensor. The problem occurs when I am taking off and turnng left.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Has the harness been checked ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have ran every test that checks for this problem. the h-1 had two codes to start with 2-15 and 5-15. After replacing rr with new acel assy. and sensor the 2-15 went away. The code seems to occur when I am slowing down to turn, more often to the left or accerrating and turning. I drove it over 50 miles and then made a turn and the code came back.
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Reason saying check the harness had a similar issue when turning and the harness was pulling and the pins coming out of the connector . Were the pins checked ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
witch part of harness. The harness near the wheel is not binding and is not tight for a distance from the wheel. if you need to talk to me my phone is XXX-XXX-XXXX open 8 to 5 est. Alex
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
We can not contact me directly site rules sorry .Did you ohm out the harness.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This answer does help me, I had already checked for this problem. Your answer is of no help to me.
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
If it only happens when turning it's either the wiring or the sensor .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I notice it more often when turning but this is not the only time. This problem started when pulling a large boat. The Hummer dealership checked it and replaced rr wheel sensor. The light came on when veh left dealership while going down the interstate about 2 miles away. I have checked for looses connections, tight wires, sensor spacing. i replaced the new sensor myself. It seems to keep light out for a short time then back on. When the light comes on the brakes are erratic. Has new rotors and pads. This veh only has about 24000 miles. Not driven off road much, looks like brand new. No rust underbody, clean parts everywhere. Has new axel rr, new sensor.
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Ok check the ring on the rear axle that allows the abs sensor to get it's signal I bet it's damaged or cracked or not in the correct spot .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
HAVE REPLACED THE RIGHT REAR AXEL IT HAS A NEW RING ON IT
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
I understand but has that ring been checked?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Both sides?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the only code comes up for right rear. But I have checked every axel and ring and sensor
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Very odd let me look a few things up.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you I am still looking myself
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
could not fix h1 hummer customer is taking it to dealer
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
No problem you never accepted so I never received payment . Contact customer service for a refund. Let me know what the issue was if you can .