Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.

freelander 2 diesel auto 2007..48,000 miles..cold weather..few degrees

Freelander 2 diesel auto 2007, done 48,000 miles - I have a problem with the transmission in cold weather. With the ambient temperature a few degrees below zero and the car having stood outside overnight, there is no drive - either in 'auto' or 'manual' mode. When the engine is run to warm it up its absolutely fine. Bringing the revs up to 2000 or so can get drive but obviously it snatches. When I do get some drive (but the engine /transmission is still cold), changing from 1st to 2nd is very harsh.
Any ideas ?

Neal : You need to have the trans checked by a trans Shop. My guess is that you have excessive band wear that is not yet affecting it when it is warm but due to the cold temps and the changes in tolerance with the cold temp it is not engaging. It is probaly just going to get worse and start doing it more and more and eventually will even do it warm.