danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.

2000 Pontiac Bonneville: 000 miles shifting..mass air flow..converter

Customer Question

2000 Pontiac Bonneville with 146,000 miles shifting extremely hard when hot. Replaced mass air flow sensor and kad. converter. Transmission shop replaced valves and cleaned out pan. It's STILL shifting like a stutter when the engine is hot. I hear it may be the ignition coil but I'm ready to sell this thing considering how much money I put into it. Could it be the ignition coil?
Submitted: 5 years ago via
Category: Car
Expert:  danny replied 5 years ago.

My Answer is based on clues, symptoms and info in your question. Please include everything. Thanks

Hi this is a tech service bulletin that kinda resembles your issue. Yes you may have a bad solenoid in tranny but your mech needs to be sure before replaceing. If you are shifting hard and shudders a good shop will have a scanner to capture issues. I may try a new tranny shop and give them the info i havegiven you in theis tsb click here

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The solenoid was also replaced after reviewing my receipt. Any other possibilities?
Expert:  danny replied 5 years ago.
Do you use a after market air filter that you condition with a spray after cleaning? If they replaced the sift solenoid thats not the pc solenoid your valve body solenoid is the next target but make sure they are using the correct tranmission fluid and a complet flush should have been done to get debree out or sediment. A full flush involves a trans cleaner and complete new fluid.