Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer
Experience:  30 years experience, Repairing, building, & designing, automobiles.
9795573

my truck passed the rust test..under coated...can i have it re checked

Customer Question

my truck passed the rust test so it was under coated...can i have it re checked in a couple years
Category: Car
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 6 years ago.

Dr. Hamman :

Hi, I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. I don't know if you are a pro or a novice so we may have to fine tune the answer. I only know as much about your problem as you have told me in your post, so my answer will be based on what you have posted. Feel free to add any additional info you feel is needed.

If you live in an area that has rust problems undercoating is a great idea. If the undercoating was done properly, you need to have the coating inspected occasionally, and it is generally a good idea to have the rest of the vehicle checked too. Washing road salt off of your vehicle, and not letting salt deposits build up goes a long way too when it comets to preventing rust. I would also recommend contacting the company that did the undercoating, and see what they recommend as far as follow up inspections. If you have any more questions I am here to help. Good luck, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope this helps, 100% satisfaction is my goal. If the answer is not clear, please reply and I will assist you more. When you're satisfied, click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. A bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, good luck and Thanks.

JACUSTOMER-xes1e1lh- :

if my frame rusts out in the next few years, will toyota have to cover it? can i take to be be rust tested again at toyota.

Dr. Hamman :

I would review the undercoating warranty, and make sure you have the warranty in writing. Warranty's vary so much that reviewing it, and having it in writing is the only way to fully protect yourself if there was a problem. The place that coated for you would be a good resource for any future inspections. Good luck, and Thanks for using Just Answer.