Lurch
Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Ford, Chev Cert, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics.Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years.
1609972

Isuzu Trooper LS How do I set the timing (marks) for a 2000

Customer Question

How do I set the timing (marks) for a 2000 Isuzu Trooper 3.5 engine? For cam shafts on left bank?

Is there anyone here that can help me with this?
Category: Car
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
Hello , my name isXXXXX and thank you for choosing justanswer.com.

I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to justanswer. You can download it by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you. Here is a clear view of that chart..graphic

If you need more help, please ask. If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT.

God bless and have a great day. Happy Holidays

Please leave positive feedback. As you can see I have excellent ratings in all my categories. Please remember I am not at the vehicle, Please don't leave a negative report. Thanks again, JHoop
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We are having trouble identifying the timing marks on the cam gears. Can you help by describing them?
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
There is one dot on each cam belt pulley, correct?

There is one dot on each intake cam gear?

There are 2 dots on each exhaust cam gear?

Aling the cam marks to the the dot on the pulley and you are good to go. JHoop
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What are you calling the cam marks?
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
Did you read the service info I uploaded to JA? No dots on any gears or pulleys?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No dots, just stamped left or right and dowel pin holes. These are 3/16" holes, one hole or two.
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
Those are to line up with the pulley in front and it has a dot. Does the belt pulley have a DOT in front? It better.
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
Another look.?graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The belt pulley does have a dot on it but according to the diagram you sent, there should be a dot on opposite side of the two dowel pin holes on the cam timing gear. We can not see a dot on this gear?
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
If you time the cams correctly all you need to do is identify the crank timing mark and set it.

I'm going to put your question back up and see if anybody else has any info on this. Sorry I couldn't help you further. I'm sure someone will be with you shortly. Happy Holidays........ Thanks again for choosing justanswer! JHoop.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What information do you need for us to supply you?
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
There will be someone with you soon. Jhoop
Expert:  Lurch replied 6 years ago.

Another expert here

Here is Isuzu procedures;

click link below

TIMING BELT

There is an UPDATE for Timing Belt "if" your Trooper is equipped with "Direct Attack" DOHC 3.2L / 3.5L V6 engine

1998-2000 Trooper (UX)

If you need that, let me know

Your Deposit is not Payment.

You need to click ACCEPT so I may be compensated a small portion.

Regardless of the terms of your Just Answer account, I only get paid for my answer and effort by your accept

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I appeciate your payment arrangement but so far I have not been supplied with any new information that helps me and that is what I expect for payment.
Expert:  Lurch replied 6 years ago.

You posted:

I posted the Isuzu Manual procedures for the Timing Belt, Timing Marks & Installation

If you have a problem understanding what I posted or cannot open the .pdf file, please let me know, as this is not that difficult

Please keep in mind Just Answer is set up on an honor system.

I have sent the information you have requested.

PLEASE click ACCEPT so that I may get credit for my work, thanks.