danny
danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.
17254274

2003 suzuki: runs great..idle when hot, it has a stumbling, rough idle

I have a 2003 suzuki xl7. Off idle or with A/C on runs great, hot or cold. At idle when hot, it has a stumbling, rough idle. It seems like a vacuum leak! Have used 2 cans of carb spray to no avail. I have cleaned throttle body & IAC & replaced plugs. I'm wondering does this vehicle have vauum for the HVAC system or are they electrical? If vacuum assist for the HVAC, I should be able to plug the line from the engine and the idle would/should smooth itself out, correct?
It runs like new except for this problem which has been progressively getting worse over the last 25000 miles!
Thank you for your help!
Sincerely,
Mark M.
Category: Car
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.

danny :

My Answer is based on clues, symptoms and info in your question. Please include everything. Thanks

danny :

Hi do you have any codes or check engine light?

danny :

click here for you vacum and emissions diagram.

danny :

your

Customer:

Sorry, I was on the phone! No codes- did have one for a o2 sense replaced

Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.
Ok thats fine
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.

DEFECT: On certain sport utility vehicles, the ignition system wiring harness is routed under the intake manifold. The harness can rub against the manifold during vehicle operation and abrasion damage to the harness can occur. Damage to the wiring harness can cause a short in the ignition circuit, which can cause the ignition fuse to blow and the engine to stall. This can result in a loss of control of the vehicle and could cause a crash.

REMEDY: Dealers will repair any wiring harness damage and will add additional insulation and a protector plate to prevent the wiring harness from becoming damaged. The manufacturer has reported that owner notification began on December 16, 2003. Owners may contact Suzuki at 1-800-934-0934.

Edited by danny on 11/5/2010 at 2:36 PM EST
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.
with out any more code I would have a fuel pressure test done. I would also check for restriction with exuast system