Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Skoda fabia why is the car vibrating while driving

why is the car vibrating while driving?
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

I just need a little more info to assist better,

Can you describe the vibration?

Is this a vibration at all times the car is running and does it happen while running at a stand still?

Does it vibrate when applying the brakes?

Are any light son in the vehicle indicating any kind of a fault?

Let me know so we can continue,Thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Pete,

Thank you for your assistance.

ANSWERS
Can you describe the vibration? THE VIBRATION IS ALL OVER THE CAR. I IMAGINE IN MY HEAD THAT IT'S FROM THE TYRES. I.E. THAT THE TIRES ARE WOBBLING.

Is this a vibration at all times the car is running and does it happen while running at a stand still? YES VIBRATION IS AT ALL TIMES

Does it vibrate when applying the brakes? VIBRATES ALL THE TIME AND I THINK IT GETS WORSE AS THE SPEED INCREASES

Are any light son in the vehicle indicating any kind of a fault? NO LIGHT ON
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
If it feels like it is from the tires then you should get the tires balanced and have the rims checked to see if any are bent and replace any that are bent.

Worn or broken engine or transmission mounts can cause this vibration as well.All of the engine and transmission mounts need to be checked and replaced if any are cracked/flattened or broken,this can be a common problem in allot of vehicles and can cause a vibration like this.

Have the exhaust checked,if the mounts on the exhaust have worn or broke or if the exhaust is rubbing on the body or frame it will cause a vibration.

All of these things here can cause a vibration in your vehicle.Since you do not have any warning lights on I wouldn't think this would be an engine running issue or misfire as usually if this were the case a warning lamp would come on to indicate a fault with any engine concern.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dear Pete

The car is two years old so I do not think it should have any engine or exhaust problems. Wheel balancing and alignment was recently done. Aside the rims (which may be checked tomorrow), what other probable causes do you think exists?

Thank you
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Even though it is only two years old you may still have damaged exhaust mounts or heat shields under the vehicle which will cause a vibration.If any of the mounts got bent and same as the shields while driving this can cause this problem,usually these can become damaged over bumps or rough roads as I have seen before.

I would have the rims checked and the exhaust as well as any heat shields under the vehicle just to be safe.

Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Did this info help?Let me know if you need anything else,Thanks Pete!