Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

Isuzu: rpms..comes even stalls but it starts right up

Customer Question

I have a Daewoo mini excactor with an Isuzi 3LDI engine, it keeps lowering the rpms and comes back up. Sometimes it even stalls but it starts right up. Can you help me with this or lead me to someone who can? There are no dealers near me. JB
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
Have you cleaned out the throttle body and checked the idle air control valve ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Not sure where that is. Is that where the thottle linkage hooks to the side of engine?

There is a little vent type looking cap that is pretty tight. Can I take it off to see if passage is clear?

Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
Yes that's it disconnect the battery clean it out with a wire brush and throttle body cleaner and clean that plate this should tale care of the issue . If there is still a problem then it's either a vacuum leak or idle air valve problem. These are the next steps and what need to be checked next . Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated .
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have not checked it out yet. I am trying to get someone to help me. Being diesel I am wondering if it is an air tight system why is there an air control valvue.
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
It is very possible there is air in the system has the fuel filter been changed ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The filters have been changed. The lack of power happen maybe once or twice an day and it would pick it self up and go at full throttle. I spock to the previous operators and the said," that happens don't no what it is just run it". Well to me it is just going to get worse which now it has and it even stalls. I just wonder before I do alot of unessassary things to it you could help.
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
I would Bleed the fuel system ,clean the throttle body , check the mass air flow sensor and possible replace that and check the catalytic converter for restrictions. These are the next steps . Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated .