nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

I have just bought a freelander 51 plait< its a petrol auto...It

i have just bought a freelander 51 plait< its a petrol auto. It has 58,000 on the clock.
It looks and sounds mint !!
what can i ecspect for its age and were can i get the best warenty to suite the vehicle like this and its age .
Thanx Stella
Hello Stella and welcome to JA!!!

I'm Billy and i will help you with your inquiry.

First of all, Congratulations on the new ride!!!

A vehicle, even if this old, with only 58,000 on the clock, should be in excellent condition.
Now to maintain it well, i suggest you do the following:
1- perform all regular maintenance on schedule, this will include:
- engine oil and filter
- transmission oil and filter
- engine coolant
- spark plugs and wires
- brake pads, discs and fluid
- suspension (have it checked, and replace defective parts)
2- Watch out for recalls on this model, now these should be done by know, but it does not hurt to double check, i will provide screen shots of the known recalls, so you know what i'm speaking of:
graphic

graphic

3- check if timing belt has not been changed yet, you need to change that as well.

Having said that, if the vehicle is well maintained and you do all the above mentioned checks and services, i think you will not have any major problems with the vehicle, so enjoy the ride!!

Regards,
Billy
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can you recommend a company that would suite a 51 plait freelander, i think most warranty's will not pay out on an old vehicle saying its wear and tear ??
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello again Stella,

Any independent workshop with good reputation,can give the vehicle proper maintenance, as it is old and the technologies is well known by most.
I suggest you find yourself a good workshop, close to where you reside.

Regards,
Billy