Bob
Bob, Mechanic
Experience:  Ford Tech, MG Rover Tech, NVQ level 3, ATA tech
19517166

rover 25 the key fob stopped working new battery i

I have a rover 25 the key fob stopped working at the weekend tried putting a new battery in still did not work asked for advise tole to look at the fuse did this replaced the fuse it started working again but a day later stopped the fuse keeps blowing why does this keep happening not had any problem with this is over three years why all of a sudden
Category: Car
Expert:  Bob replied 6 years ago.

Hi there hope i can be of assistance,

Ok i would first check the boot lock mechanism, make sure this isnt stiff/sticking as its common for these to be over worked causing the fuse to blow. Simply remove the boot trim to expose the rear of the lock assembly, and lubricate/check the link arms etc.

If this is ok, then youll need to have the current draw to each door actuator checked, or unplug them one by one until the fuse dosent blow, thus locating which door actuator is failing, causing the excessive current draw

if you need further assistance, let me know.

Thanks Bob