tundra_fats
tundra_fats, Technician
Experience:  Associate of Occupational Studies Degree , 11+ years and going
20212323

MY ALARM WENT OFF REPEATEDLY WHEN I ATTEMPTED..ENGINE...KEY FOBS

Customer Question

MY ALARM WENT OFF REPEATEDLY WHEN I ATTEMPTED TO START ENGINE. SWITCH TURNED BUT ALARM WOULD BLARE IMMEDIATELY UPON FULL TURN. DO NOT HAVE GOOD KEY FOBS TO OPERATE ALARM. USE KEY TO LOCK AND UNLOCK DOOR EACH TIME TO STOP ALARM. AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS, IGNITION SWITCH WILL NOW NOT TURN. ALARM IS STILL ACTIVE ON DOORS AND WILL SOUND WHEN OPENED. BATTERY IS FINE (OR WAS WHEN I STARTED ATTEMPTS). SWITCH IS NOW LOCKED AND I AM STUCK IN DRIVEWAY IN FRONT OF GARAGE DOOR. PLEASE HELP ME.
JACQUELINE/GA
Category: Car
Expert:  tundra_fats replied 6 years ago.

tundra_fats :

hello and thank you for choosing just answer,

tundra_fats :

one its time to get some working key fobs, 2 all alarms have a valet switch usually at bottom or under dash for when this happens to them, usually a red button or a toggle switch, press or switch it for now

Customer:

At bottom of alarm? where is it located? searched entire dash, removed covers and insulation pieces too....still no switch. where is alarm located on discovery II series? I agree, I will get new key fobs. please reply soon.....

tundra_fats :

usually under dash or in arm reach while in seat let me c what i can find you

tundra_fats :

a flashlight would help

tundra_fats :

check glove compartment as well

Customer:

nothing yet......you locate?

Customer:

???

Customer:

Well the information that you provided did not solve my issue. There is not a valet switch for this alarm. I appreciate your attempt to assist me but it was not successful.