DBranch, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Factory trained Silver Certified Land Rover Technician. 7 years of automotive experience.

owner of a 2005 freelander in norway..rear end..hatch, won`t stick.

Hello. My name isXXXXX am the owner of a 2005 Freelander in Norway.
I have problems with closing the rear end backdoor. The hatch, won`t stick. The problems have been on and off since I bought the car a year ago. Is there something I can do to calibrate the door or fix the lock.
Category: Car
Expert:  DBranch replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JA.

What do you mean by the hatch wont stick?

Also have you tried adjusting the striker on the body?

Have you backed into anything or been rear ended because that will bend the door and cause issues with the latch and window?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks. I will pay you if you help me through this.
I have not backed into anything and the striker goes into the lock (what I called hatch, sorry)
The window goes up as the door closes, but the lock wont hold on to the striker and keep the door in it`s position.
Expert:  DBranch replied 5 years ago.
Ok I would be glad to help. The latch is jamming internally and will have to be replaced. Since you have tried lubing it then this is what I would do next. The part of the latch that hooks around the striker is mechanically and get worn over time and can break.