CurtisE, Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG, Airconditioning & Vehicle Diagnostics

2006 pontiac G6 Gt: clicking sound when it does eventually turnover

Customer Question

I have a 2006 pontiac G6 Gt I have to crank the car several times before it actually crank. I hear some type of clicking sound when it does eventually turnover. I sometimes have to give it gas when I crank it. Keep in mind the car will crank but it immediately shut off. What can be problem
Category: Car
Expert:  CurtisE replied 5 years ago.
This is due to a faulty starter motor drawing excessive current, you will need to have the starter motor replaced to rectify.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your response....But when I put my feet on the gas it crank right up. Also when I keep the key turned back it will start. Keep in mind that The will crank up but it will cut off immediately. After the second or third time it will eventually crank. Is a starter motor the same as a starter on a ford escort car. If so why dont this motor have the same cranking problem as a ford escort when it have starter problems? What is the clicking noise at the end when the car cutting off.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: I basically waited all day for Curtis E to reply to my question. I never heard from him. .
I basically waited all day for Curtis E to reply to my question. I never heard from him.