lnsmman58, Auto Body Repairer
Experience:  ICAR Certified, A/C Certified, Plastic Repair Certified, 30 Years Experience

Same car rattle comes from the boot lid,best way of adjusting this

same car rattle comes from the boot lid,best way of adjusting this ,please.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

its a 58 plate focus cc. The boot lid rattles a bit, not serious, but be nice to get it right. any ideas how to adjust this, as of course you cant see when to boot closed?

Regards Brian.

Please be sure you are 100% satisfied with my answer before you hit accept, bonuses and positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you for that info. With the lid open you will see a rubber stop on each side, these will screw out to tight up slack and stop the rattle. But at times it takes adjusting them to high so that your lid will not fit properly. If this is the case you will have to pop the rear body trim up and loosen 2 bolts then you can slide the striker (the part of your latch on the car itself) and move it down a little to pull the lid down. Then you can adjust the rubber stops back to have your lid properly aligned. Please let me know if you understand or have more questions. Thank you for using JA.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
On looking at the car the boot on the coupe is not as you described, the adjustment is a sliding block each side of the boot near the rear lights, also there are clips on each side which are fitted to the mechanisim that operates the boot and roof. Have managed to sort it out myself. hope this is some help to you. but thanks very much for your thoughts on it.