Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic

Daihatsu Charade I have a Daihatsu Charade 1982 and want

I have a Daihatsu Charade 1982 and want to know if I can use an engine from a 87-88 in my car? How many parts can I use if I buy a Charade 87 fore spareparts?

Kind regards/Börje Sweden

PS exuse my bad english
Category: Car
Expert:  nabilc replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JA!!!

I'm Billy and i will help you with your question.

First of all the 1982 Charade, has an engine code: CB-20, with a 50 horsepower output.
But the engine in a 1987-88 has an engine code: CB-22 and CB-23 with a 52 horsepower output.
So basically these are two different engines.
But if you wanna work it a bit, i suggest you check both engines and their mounts (engine mounts are those that link engine to chassis). Now if both engines have same engine mounts, then you can switch engines, but you need to switch all the engine with wiring and manifolds.
Some of the susp[ension parts and and steering, can be switched in these models, but always check the parts (look at them thoroughly if they fit).