danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.

1988 Isuzu pickup: oil pressure..psi..drops down..idiot light flickers

1988 Isuzu pickup. When started cold the oil pressure is good..about 70+ psi. After running for a short time it drops down into the 30's and below... at times the idiot light flickers on and off. Oil is full. When the engine is revved the pressure does not increase significantly. I bought it from a friend who had the oil pump replaced about a year ago.

danny :

My Answer is based on clues, symptoms and info in your question. Please include everything. Thanks

danny :

Hi have ou replaced the oil pressure sensor

Just let me know? I have a feeling there is a bit of engine wear but we will see when we talk.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have not replaced the sensor. Sorry forgot to say the mileage is just over 100k.
I would replace sensor lol.after you run some sea foam in there and in gas. so add to gas and engine oil. the directions will be on the can or you can visit And no I have no connection to sea foam lol. This will eliminate and blocked passages in crank case. If after your oil change in about 1000 miles and you replace sensor if it is still low when warm there is wear in the main bearing. So you will want to take it easy on her.