Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

Brake light..a grinding noise to put back into park

I have a 2006 LR3 that the battery just died in. Bought a replacement for it from Pep Boys, installed and now its showing Trasmission and HDC fault and the brake light is on. When I put it in gear, it does not move and makes a grinding noise to put back into park....
Ok sounds like that new battery is bad low voltage will cause this it can also be the wrong battery ? All terminals are secure and clean correct ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, all terminals clean and secure. The first place I went to was Auto Zone and the battery (Duralast) was 15" and the LandRover Battery is 12". Returned and ended up at Pep Boys. Brought the battery in and they provided a new one (white, with 735 cranking amps vs. 700 with the factory battery) The truck fired up so I wasn't sure if it wasn't a programming thing...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The battery is Bosch
Ok try this disconnect the battery both terminals .Then turn key in ignition to where the radio would work. Reconnect battery . See of there are still issues if so the charging system can be undercharging causing this issue . These are the next steps . Hopes this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

So if it is the battery and I get a new one tomorrow, should it automatically reset and start up correctly? I would think it's the battery since it was driving fine up until I changed the battery... right?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

would having the rotars turned have anything to do with it?

Yes of there were no issues before then it's a battery issue . Once it's replaced with a good battery it should be fine. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated .If they damaged a wheel speed sensor when turning the rotors yes that can definately cause this issue . Start with the battery if there's still an issue bring it back to the place that turned the rotors . Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated .