ALLTECH
ALLTECH, ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  Numerous years as a European Tech but know the big 3 as well.

milan: alfa..from 1988..owner has told me that it loses oil..RPMs.

Customer Question

I have bought an Alfa Romeo Milano from 1988. The car is in great shape. The owner has told me that it loses oil from the back of the engine when it runs at higher RPMs. He thinks it's a rear main seal.
Could you direct me to a GOOD Alfa Romeo mechanic, please?
Category: Car
Expert:  ALLTECH replied 3 years ago.

ALLTECH :

Hello, Jason here to help. Where are you located, or what is your zip code?

ALLTECH, ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience: Numerous years as a European Tech but know the big 3 as well.
Expert:  ALLTECH replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  ALLTECH replied 3 years ago.
I switched us to a Q and A format, it is easier and I get notified when you reply. Jason
Expert:  ALLTECH replied 3 years ago.
You accepted too soon. Where are you located? I can help find a reputable shop in your area. Jason
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
w2hat do you mean I accepted too soon?
I do not know hiow this works. To me I did not recerived an answer to anything and I joined 30 days for however many questions I have for $23. I have now 30 days to ask questions and receive answers.
This is what I understand.
Expert:  ALLTECH replied 3 years ago.
I understand that. The monthly system is new to me... Usually the "accept" or payment is completed after I answer your question. You must own a Scirocco... I have owned several of those but now I am into MK1 Jettas(81-84). About the Alpha Romeo, where are you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am in Colorado, Aspen.
Expert:  ALLTECH replied 3 years ago.
Give me a few minutes...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have to say that after being royally ripped off by Cattle Creek V-Dub for the work done on my Scirocco, and having paid for parts the owner of the shop, Richard, has stollen from me, I have a very bad feeling. That's the reason I doubt a lot. I also have a jeep with a bucking problem in acceleration, and having paid now over $2000 and having the same problem, I am immensely frustrated and leery.
So please forgive me if I sound upset.
Expert:  ALLTECH replied 3 years ago.
How far are you from Glenwood springs?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
40 miles only
Expert:  ALLTECH replied 3 years ago.
I can highly recommend Alpine motors there.XXXXX
Glenwood Springs, CO 81602 (NNN) NNN-NNNN
They are a NapaCare center, also a AAA rated shop, ASE Certified. They have to conform to set standards of repair, and customer service to maintain their standing with each. Being a NapaCare canter means also that where ever you travel, the repairs made by a Napa shop will be covered nationwide. The AAA rating means that AAA will mediate any disputes fairly. They are experienced in european. I can really recommend someone closer with a better reputation. I hope this is helpful. Jason
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I used to deal with Alpine Motors when Horstr owned it. When he died, the shop was sold to a man who may be good with American made cars but he does not really work well on European cars. Not only that but the mechanic shops in the valley have a minimum of $125 per hour. I go to Denver where the mechanics do not believe they are God's gift to humanity.
Expert:  ALLTECH replied 3 years ago.
Apparently my information needs updating. There was no mention of new ownership. They still must do a good job to keep there NapaCare and AAA rating though. Can I help find the best shop in Denver?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think that is the reason I am trying to find a place through this web site. I may just have to go to California to find somebody to help me.
Expert:  ALLTECH replied 3 years ago.
Buchtel Motors, hands down. http://www.buchtel.com/Home.aspx

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what do they specialize in?
Expert:  ALLTECH replied 3 years ago.
Foreign and domestic. John, the owner is the most capable tech in the area. If you want a Alfa specialty shop, I don't know of one. I do know that in Denver, John at Buchtel is the best man for any vehicle. With Perfect AAA ratings, meaning that every customer has had a chance to leave their opinion of the shop. Perfect ratings are hard to achieve. My shop in Washington is the AAA northwest best shop, and average 98-99% ratings yearly. Jason
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you, I'll check them out.
Expert:  ALLTECH replied 3 years ago.
Were they able to help out?