Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

Club: the charger wont turn..batteries..Whats

Customer Question

I have 2001 electric Club car, the charger won't turn off and continues on to boil the batteries dry. Whats up with that....daver     I don't think that my question was directed to the proper people, please cancel my request...daver
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 3 years ago.

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

the problem is the charger

tims auto repair :

the regulator/float is not turning off and/or regulating the charge

tims auto repair :

causing it to over charge the batteries

tims auto repair :
tims auto repair :

click the link to buy a charger

tims auto repair :
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.

you may also want to have the batteries load tested,just to make sure the batteries are sound...if you don't have a load tester,auto zone and most parts stores may load test the batteries for free if you take them to the store

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can't my charger be repeaired rather that be replaced?

well

there may be a technician out there somewhere that can repair it....but,i don't know of one,,,may be just as cost effective to buy one

thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The charger reached a voltage of 59v before I turned it off, isn't that a little high? I thought I accepted your answer yesterday...I'll check on it....daver
what is the voltage of you cart?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that it is a _48v Club Car.....daver

ok

the voltage isn't really high..it is just not regulating the voltage,,the charger isn't shutting off when the batteries are fully charged

thanks