RomeoTech
RomeoTech, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  I'm committed to excellent, high quality repair and maintenance advice of your vehicle.
51923398

1990 mazda mpv injectors not firing

1990 mazda mpv injectors not firing
Category: Car
Expert:  RomeoTech replied 3 years ago.

Possible Causes:
main relay
ECM
These computers have a lot of failure and can drop one of the injector circuits like this one is doing. Recommend using a Mazda replacement computer. We have see a lot of repeat failures from aftermarket rebuilt units.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i replaced the module and relay and still not working the check engine light is always on doing cranking got fire to the plugs
Expert:  RomeoTech replied 3 years ago.
1. Check for power on coil negative with the key on and the coil plugged in.

2. If no power on coil negative, check for an open coil.

3. If the coil isn't open, check for the White wire on coil negative to be shorted to ground. If the coil is good, then suspect a faulty igniter.

Coil negative wire runs both to the igniter and the ECM. It is used for RPM input to the ECM.

Please click the Accept button above for each satisfactory answer to your question
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where is the ingiter located at replaced coil no difference ohmed out and read less then 1 ohm on pri 2k on second pri i get fire at the plugs no fuel getting in the cyc caused by the injectors not openning

Expert:  RomeoTech replied 3 years ago.
The igniter is in the distributor and has three spade terminals plugged to it. The two that are next to each other on one end, and one by itself on the other end. The pick up coil and igniter are two separate parts that plug together and then get mounted together. Typically it is just the igniter but sometimes a pick up coil, a safe bet is to replace them both. The pick up coil typically ohms about 450-480 ohms. A short cut to replacing the coil and igniter is to leave the distributor in its original position and try to work the distributor shaft pole piece off of the distributor shaft with a couple flat blade screw drivers behind it, then one can get the pick up coil and igniter in and out without having to take the distributor out and disassemble it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i replaced the igniter still nothing i sprayed starting fluid and it started now what
Expert:  RomeoTech replied 3 years ago.
was the pick up coil also? Safe bet is to replace them both.
RomeoTech, Auto Service Technician
Experience: I'm committed to excellent, high quality repair and maintenance advice of your vehicle.