nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

other sports cars IF certain items are replaced with parts

Customer Question

I am looking to purchase a F355 and am building a list of all the parts that I will preemptively replace due to a known history of failure. Specifically parts that on failure can cause gross amounts of damage to the powerplant. I have researched this topic and am at the opinion that though maintenance of such a car may be high, the cost can be comparable to other sports cars IF certain items are replaced with parts that are comprised of more modern material and design concepts and the suggested maintenance schedule is adhered to. But I am still curious, what is the average cost expected to keep a Ferrari F355 manual in good running condition with a responsible owner?
Category: Car
Expert:  nabilc replied 6 years ago.

Billy :

Hi and welcome to JA, I'm Billy and will help you with this the best i can.

Billy :

As for any used car, maintenance cost will vary greatly according to the vehicle's condition.

Billy :

Nonetheless, as you seem avid to really maintain the car at good condition, this will save you a lot (preemptive maintenance).

Billy :

I suggest you get a service manual for this car, and maintain it well, if you DIY the maintenance it would cost you around 300$ a month, now that's a rough estimation depending on car condition, how much and HOW the car is driven.

Billy :

The per month estimation i gave could vary from month to month, but i think it would average the prior listed number.

Billy :

Kindly keep me updated so i know my answer is satisfactory, click the ACCEPT button so i get paid for my time, good feedback and bonuses are more than welcome!!!