cardoc
cardoc, AUTO REPAIR SHOP OWNER
Experience:  SUBARU IN 1985-86. MITSUBISHI IN 1989-1996. FORD,LINCOLN/ MERC 1996-1999
23921816

2000 Ford Focus: a single cam engine with a dual cam engine

Customer Question

how do you replace a single cam engine with a dual cam engine in a 2000 Ford Focus
Category: Car
Expert:  cardoc replied 3 years ago.
hello i`m randy and ill try to help you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when should i have an explanation on how to switch out the single cam for a dual cam

what has to be changed for the dual cam to work

Expert:  cardoc replied 3 years ago.
i just talked to a man in Kansas that has done this. he said you have to have both of the cars so you can change the harness,computer and everything in order to do this project.
Expert:  cardoc replied 3 years ago.
i can get you the mans number on monday after 9;30 am cst. he said it was a very large job and took alot of time to change the wiring harness. the computer and engine was the easyiest of the whole job. so un less you have the whole car that you are pulling the dohc out of, you will spend losts of trips to the salvage and cost you more than the car is worth. let me know if i can help anymore. thanks
Expert:  cardoc replied 3 years ago.
i need to know what year the sohc is in and what year the dohc is coming out of also
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i supplied that information 2000 ford focus.

time is not problem so the wiring harness the only thing that needs changed that is the big job. what do you have to do with the computer i was thinking about a remanufactured dohc

if you had to contact someone else you do not know how to replace sohc with a dohc

Expert:  cardoc replied 3 years ago.
you didn't tell me that both engines were 2000 models. i didn't contact someone for you , i have a 2001 and i just had this conversation with him last week. he has a whole car that has a sohc in it that i`m thinking about buying. he was just telling me how he had to have 2 complete cars to get all the other parts from when he does it. hes done several and had to have 2 cars just to make one running one. let me know if i can help you in any way. thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no help did not tell me anything different than what I already knew

sorry

Expert:  cardoc replied 3 years ago.
i found out that you will need the trans, ac compressor,wiring harness,motor mounts,throttle cable,cruise control cable,and the air box. hope this will help you.
Expert:  cardoc replied 3 years ago.
the alternator and hoses are also differant. an 01 and an 02 is also differant