Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

Lincoln LS: I need instructions on how to add antifreeze..V8..purging

Customer Question

I need instructions on how to add antifreeze to a 2002 V8 Lincoln LS, what is the air purging process, and where is everything located ( degas bottle, Etc...)
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX purge the air out of the system, you must fill up the coolant system, and run the vehicle until the thermo opens up, then shut down the engine, and let it cool down, then open the system and fill to the proper level, this will purge the air out of the system, Tim
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What do you mean by "open the system" and what is the degas bottle cap/valve and it location?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
the degass bottle is where you fill the coolant, its also called the coo;ant recovery resevoir, it is located on the driverside cowling, by the windsheild wipers, i will post a picture of it below, in the picture, the cap for the bottle is to the right of the four arrows,Tim
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
graphic
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
there is a cap on the degas bottle, remove the cap to fill the bottle, then reinstall it and run the car until the thermos has opened, you can tell when its open, when the upper radiator hose gets hot, then let it cool down and remove the cap and filll the bottle,Tim
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where is the degas bottle located ?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
It is on the cowling under the hood, in the picture above, it is the round cap, just to the right of the 4th arrow, on the driversside, up where the windsheild wipers are,Tim