David Dill
David Dill, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  19 years as Technician, 14 years with Chrysler Group LLC
14774302

Dodge neon: well maintained..p0700..first gear..cam shaft sensor

I have a Dodge neon 2005 with 85k miles that has been well maintained that gave me a p0700 p1775 code. The first time this occurred the car would not change from first gear. I changed the cam shaft sensor and the car worked perfectly. The light turned on again about three months later. I decided to take the car to a mechanic and he did exactly the same thing (even though I told him that I thought it had to be something else, but he said that he was 119% sure it was that sensor). Now, three months later, the light is on with the same message. Is there something I am missing? Is there a recall on this car that I am not aware of? Is this expensive to fix?

Thanks!
Category: Car
Expert:  David Dill replied 6 years ago.
The codes you are getting are for the transmission so any parts you put on the engine will not repair the problem. There are 4 possible areas for this code(P1775)

P1775-SOLENOID SWITCH VALVE LATCHED IN TCC POSITION

A faulty pcm, wiring, an internal trans issue and a faulty solenoid pack.

Any of these can get expensive depending on the experience of the mechanic you go to, (I think I wouldn't go back to the same one you went to the first time, he should have known that the cam sensor would not fix a trans code)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We changed the solenoid pack, and the issue is gone.
Thanks.