Virtual Wrench (L J)
Virtual Wrench (L J), Master Mechanic
Experience:  35 years/Master Tech. Foreign and Domestic
2617050

79 delta 88: my signal lights stop working but my hazard lights dowhy

Customer Question

i have a 79 delta 88 and my signal lights stop working but my hazard lights do
why?
Category: Car
Expert:  Virtual Wrench (L J) replied 3 years ago.

The turn signals work off a separate flasher than the hazards do. The turn signal flasher is located under the dash to the right of the steering column, and is square in shape (unless it has been replaced, then it will be round). The hazard flasher is under the dash, to the left of the steering column. If you have further questions feel free to reply.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
could u b more specific maybe with a photo or something

Some models put it in the fuse panel along with the turn flasher. If not then you have to remove the panel that covers the bottom of dash area so you can get a better look, it will be to the right of column, and can be clipped to a piece of metal framework...it has 2 wires going to it and is square if original or round (like the turn sig flasher) if it's been replaced. I'll see if i can find a diagram..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
can u send me the diagram

Ok, this source say's that it's in the fuse panel under the dash. If you look, you will see 2 flashers, top left and bottom right. One is for the hazards and the other is for the turns,,,,,turn the hazards on and feel which one clicks,,,,then take that one out and put it in where the other flasher is. If it works, just buy another flasher and install it.

graphic

Virtual Wrench (L J), Master Mechanic
Experience: 35 years/Master Tech. Foreign and Domestic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
wow! i really appreciate all your help. the diagram cleared it all up for me. thanks again!

Great!

Your just lucky, most of them are really buried up in there :-)

Thanks for asking!