transman
transman, automotive instructor
Experience:  28 years exp,complete autmotive diagnostics and repair
14457476

car starts up in the morning..wont restart..warning..full tank of gas

Customer Question

The car starts up in the morning and then after I drive for a while and shut it off it wont restart for about 30 minuites. Then tonight while driving for about 40 minuites or 30-ish miles, it died silently without warning, as if a switch just turned it off, while sitting at a red light. (no I did not turn it off, and has a full tank of gas) It took about 30 minuites before it would restart. After It restarts the engine runs fine, no clunking or running hard. I keep its fluids full and change its oil every 4000 miles (with correct type of oil) Check engine light never comes on, but it works. I am baffled on what to do to stop this problem, please help.
Category: Car
Expert:  transman replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
transman :

hi, have you check for spark, at the moment this problem is precent

Customer :

yeah there is no spark, but what is causing that? Is it an overheating issue like if something gets to hot it decides not to work till it cools off.

transman :

ok, its posible you may have a cranck sensor shorted to ground and may need replasing , have you replace it before?