Mark, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  22 Years Experience...Factory Trained and Certified

2001 kia spectra: theres..power steering pump..indicator telling

theres a t y stamping on top of power steering pump the power steering lines connects here the ty bolt has a hole in in so I think the t y is the indicator telling how the bolt should be position is this correct this is a 2001 kia spectra
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 6 years ago.
If you are referring to the bolt that secures the line to the pump, then the bolt needs to be tightened so that there are no fluid leaks. The actual positioning of this bolt would be irrelevant as long as it is tight and not leaking.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I'm concern that there is a fluid back up on this line because there is an arch in the power steering line. So your thought is even though there a hole in the bolt it does not need to be postioned to accept fluid flow from line

Expert:  Mark replied 6 years ago.
That is correct.