GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Auto Service Tech
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

how can i disable secu erty system on 2001 alero

Chat Conversation Started
GM Tech (Cam) :

Hi, I'm Cam. May I ask your first name? I am working to get you a fast accurate answer. About your vehicle, YES, easily. You will need a 2200 ohm resistor to route from that yellow wire on the body side to the black wire beside it. Then you do a relearn and you are off to the races.

, YES, easily. You will need a 2200 ohm resistor to route from that yellow wire on the body side to the black wire beside it. Then you do a relearn and you are off to the races.

Take the upper steering column trim off by pulling up.

Remove the cluster bezel screws,

Remove the cluster

Remove the key cylinder bezel

Remove the trim around the radio by pulling back. Remove the 3 connectors.

Remove the radio.

From the hole at the radio, remove the key cylinder. With the ignition in the start position, there is a place on the cylinder housing to insert a tool to release the cylinder. It is at the 5:00 position. Slide the ignition cylinder out.

On the opposite side, remove the pass lock sensor connector. Squeaze the tabs to remove it and then use the 2200 or 2.2k ohm resistor to bridge the yellow and black wires. Tape it in place off to the side. Assemble and perform the relearn.

The relearn is performed by turning the key to start then release the key to run. The security light should be flashing. When the light goes out after 12 mins, turn the key off , wait 30 seconds and start the engine.