Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

steering noise...turning to the right lots of noise...steering

steering noise...turning to the right lots of noise...steering pressure to the left quites things down..rembember the playing card in the bicylce spokes....that noise. I'm a delivery driver, highway....150 to 300 miles a day. Doesn't feel like wheel bearing. What part can deliver the noise and feel in the steering?

Do you have to be moving to get the noise, or will it do it sitting still? If it only does it when the car is moving, does the pitch vary with vehicle speed?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have started to feel a vibration ever so small when I start the car and start moving. Moving I feel the vibration more and hear it more moving the steering side to side. Moving the steering to the right and the vibration and noise is louder. At 65mph going around a curve its getting to the point I really don't need to be driving it, the feel is bad.
This is a bad wheel bearing. The symptoms you have described fit this to a tee. When turning one way, the bearing is loaded and makes noise and when turning the other way the bearing is unloaded and makes less noise. Raise both front wheels off the ground. The side that has the bad bearing will likely also have a little play in the wheel. This is not always the case, as a bearing can be noisy before it fails to the point of having play at the wheel. The hub will need to be replaced to fix your problem.