nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

accelerator, i feel a thump sound..brake pedal..I checked my brakes

I have a H1 Hummer. Every time that I press on the brakes, let off of them, or press the accelerator, i feel a thump sound underneath my feet and I think on the brake pedal. I checked my brakes and they look fine. I think it may be something with a shaft. Can someone give me some advice? BTW, it doesn't matter what speed I do this at. The end result is the thump sound. (only one thump)
Chat Conversation Started
Billy :

hi John,

Customer :

hello billy

Billy :

you most probably have a suspension problem. It's a ball-joint that needs replacing.

Customer :

how would that affect me braking or accelerating?

Customer :

please explain. I'm new at this

Billy :

ok...

Billy :

when you are accelerating or braking the vehicle will tilt forward and backward, causing more load on the suspensionas if trying to rip it off or compressing it. That's why a defective ball joint will move and make a sound. Was that clear enough?

Customer :

yeah. I thought that might be a problem, but would this contribute to the vehicle shaking at 60+ mph?

Customer :

?

Kindly leave positive feedback
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Doo you think it could be the front drive shaft?
It could be any moving part at the front of the vehicle, but you need to check the lower ball joints first as they are most likely to be faulty on these vehicles.