nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

1996 mercedes s420: smooth..gas pedal..accelerate..new battery

Customer Question

my 1996 mercedes s420's epc amd asr lights are on. The car will run rough and sometimes smooth out, but when I press on the gas pedal it will not accelerate. I recently put in a new battery but something seems to be pulling it down.
Category: Car
Expert:  nabilc replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Billy :

you need to reset the epc amd and asr systems by removing their respective fuses and putting them back on.

Customer :

Where are they located

Customer :

I need to know where they are located. Should I be looking for the respective relays or fuses only?

Billy :

in the engine bay there's a FUSE PLATE containing only six fuses....this is the one you need....remove for a couple of seconds the fuse f1 the one at the top then put back on (having checked it) andturn back ignition

Billy :

if this doesn't work you might need to check the brake pedal switch located just above the brake pedal.

Customer :

Where is this fuse plate exactly located. I found a fuse box on the driver side close to the windshild but it has several small fuses. where is the one your speaking of?

Customer :

Also when you say check the brake pedal switch, what do you mean? What am I checking for?

Billy :

the fuse box cover should contain a legend telling you which fuses are for asr...the fuse box i'm referring to contains only six fuses and is located next to the abs hydraulic pump

Billy :

regarding the brake pedal switch, you are first to check if it's mounted and connected properly

Customer :

Where is the hyraulic pump? near the front of the car or near the windshield? On the drive side or passenger side.

Customer :

This is a 1996 s420. The only fuse box I see is the near the windshild on the driveside. The other fuse box is in the trunk. Please advise

Billy :

the abs hydraulic pump is located on the driver's side near the front of the vehicle. The fuse box i speak of contains only 6 fuses so it is small....

Customer :

Where is it in relation to the main fuse box near the windshild because I don't see it. I

Billy :

in front of it you need to move away from the windshield and to the front of the vehicle