George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist

Kick back..It has a misfire code of 1345.What is my problem

When I start the vehicle it wants to kick back. It has a misfire code of 1345.
What is my problem?

Hello I will help you with your question,

When you replaced the wires did you move the distributor and are you certain that the wires are installed inn the correct order?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes the wires are in the correct order and we did tighten the distributor. Once it starts it runs smooth.

You say you "tightened" the distributor?

So it was moved then.

If you moved the distributor the cam/crank sensor offset has been disturbed and that is the source of the P1345 code. To set the position of thhe distributor you will need a scantool that displays the cam/crank data and adjust the position of the distributor so that the offset is less than 2 degrees. This will prevent the code from setting and you will then clear the code and do a snap throttle learn.

If you are certain that the wires are in the correct order there may be something on the inside of the cap that is allowing a misfire that will cause the enigne to buck when you start it. Either that or a valve is hanging open but it would not run smooth after starting if that were the case. Recheck the wire routing, get the cam/crank sensor offset set correctly and you should be smooth again.

Let me know what questions you have about this

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will try these and get back to you. Thanks

Ok let me know if you need a diagram of the wire positions or the procedure from the manual to set the cam/crank sensor offset.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

If you could send those that would be very helpful.

Click here for wires

Click here for setting cam/crank offset

Let me know if you have a scantool to set the offset, if you do I can put the table into plain engilish for you

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks again

Glad to help, let me know what I can do

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I haven't tried the other things yet but I want to go ahead and pay so I don't forget.

Ok, let me know when you get around to trying this and if you need further help I will be here most of the day over the weekend and afternoons and evenings throughout the week.