nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

1988 rolls-royce silver spur just replace the ac compressor..cold air

Customer Question

i have a 1988 rolls-royce silver spur just replace the ac compressor and charged however im not getting cold air need help
Category: Car
Expert:  nabilc replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Billy :

First you need to check the pressure switch located on the dryer unit...

Customer :

the thing is i have no diagram for this vehicle so i dont know where this pressure switch is located

Billy :

in the engine compartment...the A/C hoses come through it and it looks like a filter....has an electrical harness plugged to it...

Customer :

ok ill try that ill let you somthing shortly

Customer :

ok located the dryer and the pressure switch now the compressor kicks on what im supposed to do with the pressure switch and please bear with me on this thanks

Billy :

ok...turn ignition off....and remove pressure switch plug and tell me how many pins the plug contains...

Customer :

two

Billy :

ok....you need to put a jumper (electrical wire) to connect the two on the plug end... then turn on your vehicle and A/C should work and give cold air .....then get back to me ;)

Customer :

ok thanks let you know somthing in a little while

Billy :

if it works, then you need to change the pressure switch ;)

Customer :

ok i jumped the two wire that pluges into the pressure switch the only thing that the condensor fans kicked on but no cold air when i charged the system i put 2lbs freon and oil is that enough

Billy :

yes that should be enough...check the pollen filter (cabin air filter) which should be located in the engine compartment next to the windshield. If the filter is not filled with dust (clogged) then you have a problem in the flaps inside the dashboard.