silva67
silva67, Technician
Experience:  25 yrs of exp.
46707633

my catalytic converter..gas is leaking at a steady flow..drove

Less than 5 days ago, I had my catalytic converter replaced and now gas is leaking at a steady flow from inder my car, near the front. I filled up this evening and now I an less than half a tank and only drove four miles back home.
Any possible connection to the repair I had done?

Thanks
XXXXX XXXXX
Columbus, OH (NNN) NNN-NNNNcell phone

Hello... this is kind of hard to answer....after all this years working on cars i know that some times to replace exhaust parts like the cat you need the torch to get rusty bolts loose,you need to heat up the pipes to get them off...also a hammer and pry bar is always very handy on this kind of jobs......What i am trying to tell you is that is always possible that the pry bar or the hammer or the new or old exhaust could very well touch the lines that come from the tank to the engine in the front.....good luck....let me know ...thank you...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

GREETINGS SIR.

THANKS FOR THE REPLY LAST NIGHT.

PLEASE ADD THIS TO YOUR LIST OF "POSSIBLE" CAUSES FOR FUTURE REFERENCE:

MY PROBLEM WAS A BAD FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR AND RUPTURED BLADDER. 2 HOURS AND $250.00 LATER, I WAS ON THE ROAD. I WAS THINKING THAT THE PROBLEM WAS RELATIVE TO THE REPAIR, BUT TURNS OUT, NO DIRECT CONNECTION MADE.

PROBLEM AND $$$$$$$ COULD HAVE BEEN WORST AND HIGHER, RESPECTIVELY.

AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR EXPERTISE.

RESPECTFULLY,

XXXXX XXXXX-COLUMBUS, OHIO

i am sorry about that......thank you for everything....maybe i can real help you next time....